Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rock Concerts Today




I find truly amazing the amount of 40plus rockers at concerts. Nice to step out with best buddies and listen to music from our youth as well as experience new bands. The recent All Points West concert in NY/NJ was a blast. Despite all the mud and rain, it was so much fun. Music lovers of all ages were there. http://www.apwfestival.com/

There were tents covering alt rock, hip hop, rap, etc. Was able to catch Jay Z, Coldplay, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, Q-tip, Gogol Bordello, Ting Tings, Arctic Monkeys.

I highly recommend trying to line up at least 4 concerts per year. Ideally those that have your favorite artists in the line-up and other artists worth exploring as well. I found it invigorating roaming through the tents, listening to bands I've never seen before and later adding the music to my iPod playlist. Will try to post other interesting music and festivals here in the future. Please give me a heads up on any of your recommendations as well. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment