Friday, January 1, 2010

Snowboarding at 40




Happy New Year! This past week was my first time snowboarding this season. I have to say, in my 15 years snowboarding, I'm doing better than ever having done 5 days straight of full days riding the mountains. Granted, my legs are sore and so is my lower back, but I felt the same aches and pains when I first got started 15 years ago so I do not attribute my current discomfort from older age. The muscle pains are just part of the joy of knowing I've had a full workout, pushed myself beyond my limits, and have had a great time. It's a great way to start the New Year being in the beautiful mountains of Vermont, breathing the fresh air, and getting to snowboard with my family.

I used to motivate myself to stay in shape, just so I can eventually get to snowboard (my passion and favorite activity) with my son Mateo. I thought that would happen at age 12, but last year, at age 6, Mateo was able to snowboard on the green runs at Stratton. It was thrilling to be able to ride side by side with him. And today, despite my aches and pains, I got myself back on the mountain after picking him up from snowboarding school and did a run with him on Stowe.

Now for the reward, in 1 hour, I have an appointment with a deep tissue massage therapist at the Top Knotch Spa. Ahhh, the rewards of active living. Hope you are enjoying your January 1st as much as I am.

Please share your favorite stories of enjoyment and motivation with your family. I look forward to hearing about them. Happy New Year! May your year be full of fun, prosperity, health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment